Inspired by the fabulous Annastasia at Midorigreen‘s 40 for 40 list, I have created my own. It was originally 30 things to do before 30 – but then I re-read it and realised that there are more than 30 things I want to do, and that most of them are fulfilling daydreams. I’m not sure what this list says about me, but I am ridiculously excited for every one of the things on it!
So here, in no particular order, is my Daydreams To Do list…
1. Drive a horse and cart
Outdoor dinner party (ideally hosted but I’d attend one just as happily, as long as fairy lights are involved)
5. Visit Fiji – and maybe even do some family history investigating when I’m there
6. Visit Samson and Bryher in Scilly
7. Go on holiday on my own
8. Gallop on the beach
9. Go Western riding for more than a few hours. A week on a ranch would be perfect, a weekend would do nicely.
10. Stay in the Library Hotel in New York. Try not to steal all the decor to bring home.
11. Go skinny dipping
12. Stay in a traditional gypsy caravan (ideally I’d buy one and put it in the garden, but I think the average Romany wagon is bigger than my garden)
13. Be a professional multipod. Oh hai, photographer-mermaid-mentor-stationery-box-owner… (2018-currently)
14. Visit a ruined castle
16. Take a boat out on Coniston & Windermere, following in the Swallows & Amazons’ footsteps
17. Ride a unicorn
20. Have a camper van or a boat… or perhaps even both! Working on a camper van spare room.
21. UK road trip
22. Have an enchanted garden. Definitely getting there – 2019
25. Build a proper camp fire
26. Wild camping and/or sleep under the stars
27. Wild swimming
Go to a steampunk, fae or other themed ball/event. Preferably multiple ones. Hogswatch 2014. More to come!
29. Vintage events
Goodwood Revival and full vintage dress 15/9/13 | Twinwood Festival 2016
30. Drive some more of route 66
31. Photography training & courses (Kerrie Mitchell, Aspire, Nicola Taylor, Brooke Shaden,) 33. Live near water My village is on the water! 34. Be fully self employed. August 1st, 2018 to now, and ongoing. Squeak! 35. Learn silversmithing. BENCH Space, late 2019 and early 2020.
Meet an online friend in person. Serendipitously, in September 2015 | mermaid friends in 2016 37. Get rid of my TV licence August 2015
Start a herb garden
Make a video for YouTube Mermaid one in 2016 40. Letterpress my own art for my home. I’m considering this one done, because I’ve done a letterpress workshop, printed some stuff and also bought a glorious piece as art for my home. Close enough!
Finish my five year diary and buy another one for the first half of my thirties. First one ran 25-30, second one started 1/8/18, the first day of my fully self employed life. 42. Completely fill a blank notebook or sketchbook
43. Have my photography published or exhibited.
44. Have at least one piece of art in my home that I’ve made/photographed.
Create a library in my house done 2016
Complete an online class (or one of the ones I’ve already half-done)
47. Make five projects from my Pinterest crafting board
48. Make five recipes from my Pinterest recipe and baking boards
49. The Great Declutter in progress
50. Learn to create and edit video in progress
Ride a set of fairground gallopers December 2015
Take a live photography workshop September 2015
Go kayaking. To the pub?!
54. Help with a beach clean
55. Have portraits done of Luna and Clover. in progress with the amazing Artist Philly 56. Have a photoshoot with Luna and Clover. January 2019 with the lovely Sarah Wayte before she emigrated.
Updated 16.12.19 – lots more crossed off, probably lots more to add – I’ll see!